If you have a mentee in a spiritually mismatched marriage, here are some tips to share:
- Remind her (or him) that they cannot make their spouse get right with God. Only God can bring a person to repentance (John 16:8) and transform hearts.
- Assure them that God will use the challenges in their marriage as part of His process to conform them to the image of Christ (Romans 8:28-29).
- Encourage wives to be respectful of their unbelieving husbands and win him “without a word” by their chaste behavior and quiet and gentle spirit (Ephesians 5:33; 1 Peter 3:1-4).
- Encourage husbands to love their wives extravagantly and sacrificially and live with them in an understanding way (Ephesians 5:25-33; 1 Peter 3:7).
- Encourage them to get involved in a local, Bible-believing church for spiritual growth and accountability.
- Encourage them to attend a Weekend to Remember get-a-way or an Art of Marriage video event.