- What can you tell me about how you’ve gotten to this point in your marriage?
- What steps have been taking so far to reconcile? What have been the results of those efforts?
- Do you have children? Tell me about how they are being affected right now by the state of your marriage?
- What have you learned about yourself from your most common conflicts? Any helpful discoveries? Any difficult ones?
- Do you relate to any of these common habits during conflict?
– Win by overpowering the other
– Yield in order to keep peace
– Withdraw to avoid the conflict
– Compromise by bargaining
– Resolve through consideration of all sides of the issue
- What do you believe God wants right now from you?
- As you think about your marriage, what would you say are the biggest mistakes that you’ve personally made?
- Are you willing to reconcile, even if the process takes a while? Is your spouse?
- What is one small step you can take in the right direction and how can I help you right now to get started?
- How can I help and encourage you right now?